Redress.me

scottpoh

The Challenge

Ever felt like you needed resolution from a bad experience? A client of ours operates a website allowing consumers to relate unpleasant products or services in the hope that a recourse or remedy be provided to bring about closure. The client’s intentions were good and served great purpose. However, the postings on the website remained low.

In the hope of rectifying that problem, the client approached us for help to increase traffic as well as postings. So we went to the website and scrutinized it, to see if there were ways we could help to make it better. Following that, we made a list, then went back to the client with suggestions.

After discussing the various suggestions with the client, we proposed that the key changes be done on the homepage.

The website has 3 key measured goals – newsletter signups, membership registration and posting of user experience, but we agreed the the most important thing we need to focus on would be the increase the number of posting, which became the KPI of this project.

Campaign Strategy

To increase the number of postings, we started off fine-tuning the homepage by making changes to the following:

Original-Homepage-of-Redress-Me
Original Homepage of Redress.me

On the design aspect, we redesigned the homepage so that Call-To-Actions are more obvious. We also made it easier for new users to understand the features of the site, so that new users are more likely to start interacting.

Revised-Homepage-of-Redress-Me
Key Changes to the Homepage
Our proposed changes targeted the following issues with the original homepage:

  • The introduction area did not quickly inform the user on the key features
  • The right column illustrates the various awards which links to details of the awards; there was no CTA
  • The listing offered too little content and uninteresting look
  • There was no major call-to-action directing the user to register or post his experience

The Impact

With the revised homepage, we also ran a split-test experiment and achieved the following results after one and a half months, which indicated that the new homepage helped in doubling the effectiveness.

redressme-websiteoptimiser-testresults

We concluded that the Call-To-Action buttons make it more convenient and helpful in directing users to the actions we want them to take. This deduction was further verified from the Google Analytic’s Site Overlay tool. Although the buttons are only implemented on one page, the postings have doubled. When the testing ended, we proposed to the client to implement Call-To-Action buttons across all pages of the website to achieve even better performance.